Exercise for the muscles of arm, shoulder, chest, hips, abs and back, to increase flexibility, faster and longer swimming:
- Stand straight holding a chair or a wall for the balance.
- Hold your left ankle with left hand.
- Pull your left ankle towards your bottom till you feel a stretch in front of your left thigh.
- Repeat this for the right side.
Chest, hip and ankle stretch
- Stand against a wall. Extend both arms overhead placing your hands against the wall.
- Place your left leg ahead of your right. Keep your right knee straight and bend your left knee.
- Take your chest towards the wall till you feel the stretch in hip, chest and ankles. Maintain the stretch for 15 seconds.
- Increase the distance from the wall to increase the stretch.
- Repeat the same with your right leg.
- Extend the right arm in front of you with the right thumb pointing downward.
- Grasp the right elbow with the left hand keeping the right elbow completely straight.
- Pull your right arm across your chest till you feel a stretch in the right shoulder.
- Now stretch your left shoulder.