· Add a little sugar while making gravy for more taste.
· Add potatoes or roasted rice powder in curries etc to bring down the extra salty taste, if salt is added more mistakenly.
· Always sieve any flour before using. This prevents separation of impurities and lumps.
· Always use thick bottomed vessels to make desserts to avoid burning.
· Coarsely ground red chili powder gives good taste.
· Cover the containers when cooking in a cooker to avoid spillover.
· For crispy dosas, add some fenugreek seeds while soaking rice.
· If curd turns too sour, add some water, wait for some time and drain out the excess water.
· Keep boiled eggs in cold water for some time to remove the shell easily.
· Never overload a pressure cooker. This is a safety precaution.
· Peel vegetable skin as thin as possible to preserve the minerals and vitamins.
· Preserve coriander leaves in refrigerator, wrapped in a thin cloth to keep fresh for long time.
· Re- use vegetable boiled water wisely.
· Remove the stems of green chilies while storing to keep fresh for long.
· Store chili paste, garlic paste, and onion paste in freezer for ready use.
· To keep pressure cooker free from getting dark inside, pour some water in it, add some lemon peel and pressure cook for a while.
· To remove the skin of almonds easily, soak them in hot water for some times.
· Use full cream milk while preparing desserts to obtain thick creamy texture.
· Use tomato puree when fresh tomatoes are costly.
· Wash vegetables before peeling to avoid loss of water soluble vitamins.
· Wrap the fruits and vegetables in paper before refrigerating to keep them fresh for long.