1-0-8 Emergency Response Service is a 24 x 7 emergency service for medical, police and fire emergencies. The service is available for the entire state of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Goa, Tamilnadu,
, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh. Karnataka, Assam
The main highlights are
· It is a 24x7 emergency service.
· Toll free number accessible from landline or mobile.
· Emergency help will reach you in an average of 18 minutes.
1-0-8 is dialed for the purposes mentioned below:
· To save a life.
· To report a crime in progress.
· To report a fire.
108 Emergency Response Services has also signed MOU with over 6800 hospitals which provide initial stabilization free of cost for the first 24 hours.
Types of Emergencies
· Serious Injuries
· Cardiac arrests
· Animal bites
· High Fever
· Robbery / Theft / Burglary
· Street Fights
· Property Conflicts
· Self - inflicted injuries / Attempted suicides
· Public Nuisance
· Traffic Problems (Traffic Jams or Rallies, raasta rokos etc)
· Forceful actions, riots etc
· Fire breakouts
· Industrial fire hazards
Do not call 1-0-8 if there is no ‘serious people emergency’. It is not a number for enquiry or information gathering. Do not play around by dialing 1-0-8 as a joke. Otherwise a call in real emergency could be blocked and a life will be lost. If you happen to call 1-0-8 by accident then do not hang up until the officer asks you to do so.